Created in 2015, International Women's Library (IWL) is an online repository of information by and about women and girls. The goal of the project is to provide users with trusted information that is easily and efficiently accessible and that which can be used in the education and empowerment of women and girls worldwide. Our focus is to amplify women's voices and include resources that women can learn from and adapt to suit the work being done within their own communities.
IWL a partnership of:
- the UW System GWS Librarian’s Office,
- Fundacion Cultura de Paz (Foundation for a Culture of Peace) in Madrid,
- The 4W Initiative at UW-Madison,
- the UW System Gender & Women’s Studies Consortium, and
- the UNESCO Chair on Gender, Wellbeing and a Culture of Peace at UW-Madison.
This site is hosted by the University of Wisconsin System's Office of the Gender and Women's Studies Librarian (GWSL). Any feedback or suggestions of information to include should be directed to Dr. Karla Strand at firstname.lastname@example.org.